Monday, March 16, 2020

The Great ATC to Canvas Experiment

This was a piece I wrote back in 2015.

People could tell me I'm good at an art or other creative endeavors, but I'm still that impressionable 8 year old who was told they couldn't draw trees as well as I had claimed claimed for a large visual Social Studies project. What can I say, as a shy person, its tough to break out of that mind set.As a result, I've stuck to crafts like photography, sculpting, collage, crochet, jewelry making and origami. Painting and drawing I've reserved for small informal projects, with the exception of school assignments.

Ever since I had the opportunity to volunteer at a local creative reuse non-profit a few years ago, I've been making more projects and getting braver at what I can create.

 So here is the challenge...I have three Artist's Trading Cards that I made and the objective is to get them onto canvas. If I can accomplish this, I may want to do some other pieces where I take my photography and use reuse items and paint to recreate the image.

A Starry Night In Salem - Croisan Ridge, 1/3

Croisan Ridge, by Lisa Miller

A Starry Night In Salem - Falling Stars, 2/3

A Starry Night In Salem - The View From My Apartment, 3/3